Kurds are illegally digging a trench in Northern Iraq to annex the Turkmen lands to the Kurdistan regionJanuary 8, 2016 at 10:47 pm | Posted in Turkmens | Leave a comment
KURDS ARE ATTEMPTING TO DE FACTO ANNEX THE SO-CALLED ‘DISPUTED TERRITORIES’ IN NORTHERN IRAQ TO THEIR AUTONOMOUS KURDISH REGION – THIS IS CALLED LAND-GRABBING!
PRESS RELEASE – by Turkmen Rescue Foundation media office
We would like to inform you about ongoing Kurdish attempts to kurdify all the turkmen lands:
– the Kurdish parties, started since months to draw the borders of the ‘Kurdistan region’ in northern Iraq by digging a 3 meter deep trench.
– The trench starts from Rabi’aa in Mosul near the Syrian border and ends in Jalula district – Diyala province at the Iraqi -Iranian border.
– This project is implemented with the support of international experts and it draws a border of new KRG through the GPS and it includes the ‘disputed areas’ in Article 140 of the Constitution.
– the operation is illegal because in 2013 the Regional Kirkuk Council’s decision to a build a trench surrounding Kirkuk province to protect the city from terrorist attacks, was refused by Iraqi Government at that time.
– It is important to note that the areas that fall within this border are beyond the control of the Iraqi government and the Iraqi army as well as Hashd al Shaabi.
– All Turkmen lands are situated within these borders.
Turkmen rescue foundation